Monday, January 16, 2012

Your Spirit

Some days I just sit here and wait. Wait for you to come and take me to where you are, but realize you're not ready for me yet. So I wait... As I wait I realize that I am needed here more. Every day I wish that you were here...here to give me guidance, but most importantly, I wish you were here so that my children could know the best, most amazing woman I am fortunate enough to thank for my upbringing.

Your last breath is my most painful memory. My body may have been across the room, but my spirit was next to yours. My eyes may have been watching, but my soul was melting. That last, deep breath knocked the spirit back into my own body and threw me onto the floor as sorrow filled my soul. As I sat on that floor, I waited...waited for my own breath to be taken. But it wasn't my time.

Many years have past, but I remember like it was yesterday. What gives me peace is knowing that you are still here...in spirit. Your spirit watches over my family and I and protects us from harm. Your spirit shines the sun and makes the moon and makes the stars bright. Your body may have been tired, but your spirit will live on and be loved forever...


**Posted on The Columbus Creative Cooperation website.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you. My Great-Grandma is such an amazing, wonderful person. She is the reason I am the person I am today :)

      Delete