Monday, January 23, 2012

If it's been a while between posts, it's probably because I was working those nights, or just plain busy with my house full of kids! Last week I worked three nights in a row (12 hour shifts), and was getting maybe 5 hours of sleep between each shift, which makes me exhausted by the last night. Every morning when I get home, I pick up my Bonus child from his mom's and bring him to my house, pack up my daughter's lunch, take her to school, get the baby up, change his diaper, feed him, and then...I am able to go to bed and sleep from about 9 until about 3, when it's time to pick the kids up from school.

Working the three in a row it not only hard on me, but the kids too. (I guess I should mention that my mother-in-law lives with me and watches the kids while I sleep! Lol.) The kids beg me to stay awake and not leave them with Grandma. The baby even cries at my bedroom door, sometimes for up to 15 minutes. 15 minutes of yelling, "MMMMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!" hitting and kicking my bedroom door, crying hysterically. It breaks my heart, but I know that I need the sleep. Sometimes I ask myself if it's really worth it. The second income helps, but I wish there was something I could do at home. I would love to be a WAHM, but not sure where to look for legitiment work from home jobs. But I'm always keeping my eyes and ears open for opportunities that will allow me to spend more quality time with all of my kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment