Monday, January 23, 2012

Do you still have any of your dolls or toys from your childhood? Or maybe collect vintage toys? Or maybe your childhood toys are vintage! Several girls at work were telling me about their childhood toys that they still have...the famous Chatty Cathy was one of a kind from 1959 to 1965. This famous talking doll is going for $300-400 on ebay! If it's in mint condition, they are selling for up to $1000!!

Vintage barbies will always be a popular sell for those vintage buyers. I actually still have all of my Barbies from when I was a child, and my Great-Grandma's Barbies too! I always thought that they were so beautiful and precious...my favorite to play with!

Strawberry Shortcake Dolls first came out in 1979, and are still in high popular demand. The vintage dolls are going for up to $250 on ebay.

I still have my Cabbage Patch Kid Dolls and have passed them down to my daughter to play with. They were first invented in 1976 by a Xavier Roberts. He actually started a Babyland General Hospital where people could go to adopt their dolls complete with the adoption papers.

What other vintage dolls or toys do you cherish that you either have, remember, or wish you still had?

2 comments:

  1. I wrote a post about the Minnie Mouse Disney watch which was a gift from my aunt. I still have it though and kept it for personal reasons. I just wished I took care of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Grandparents also gave me dolls and toys from their childhood that I wished I had taken care of as well. My Great-Grandma hand-made two dolls for me, which I have kept and are put up for my daughter. :)

    ReplyDelete