Tuesday, February 28, 2012

It was no laughing matter...

It was no laughing matter...

Friday morning was quite a busy one. I decided to get done some much needed cleaning while the kids were running around playing well together. Dusting, done. Beds, made. Bedrooms, cleaned. Laundry, in process. Dishes, done. Kitchen, clean. My husband happened to call, just to check in, right as the dog scratched at the door. As I am answering the phone, I ask our 5 (almost 6) year old to let the dog out and put him on his chain outside. As with most 5 year old kids, you can't ask them a complex question while they are trying to do something (lol), and the dog ran out before he could catch him. No big deal, he always comes back.

The kids go back to playing as I continue finishing up whatever I was doing when all of a sudden my 5 year old his yelling for me, even though I was 12 feet away. The baby (21 months old) had fallen out the back door and hit his mouth just hard enough to be bleeding everywhere. I throw the phone down, get him and grab a washcloth from the laundry. While I am at the kitchen sink getting the washcloth wet, I look outside to see my miniature poodle being chased by three big labs!
So....I have a devastated baby with a bleeding lip in my arms, and I run to the door calling the dog (which runs right in) and a 5 year old upset and scared on the couch. It must have quite a sight!!

Everything calmed down after a couple of minutes, but those 5 minutes a craziness was no laughing matter!

No comments:

Post a Comment