Thursday, February 23, 2012

Having a baby can turn your entire life upside-down, for most people for the better.
Becoming a young mother myself, really made me mature and grow as a person, and as a mother. Each day I learn something new from my children while I appreciate and love them. Each day I love them more and more and that love pushes me to be a better wife and mother.
The greatest role model that I had in my life was my Great-Grandmother, or Nanny as I called her. She was so amazing, kind, gentle, loving, and she never raised her voice, no matter how upset she was. I still remember the smell of her favorite powder in her room as I used to put it on to pretend that I was my Nanny. I remember the smell of delicious pancakes shemade for me every morning. I remember making gingerbread people at Christmas time. I remember sitting on her lap when I was upset, rocking and singing to me until I would fall asleep.
These are just a few of my many special memories of her. When my children are grown, I want them to have more than a handful of special memories like these.

2 comments:

  1. I was hoping to experience being a mother this year. I just got married last month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on becoming a new bride! Being mother is an amazing experience that you and your husband will always cherish! Good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete