Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thankful for....

Well, tomorrow is Thanksgiving and right now millions of people are do all the prep work for the big feast.  A new hit show on FOX called "The X Factor" had the contestants sing a song dedicated to who they are thankful for the most.  It really was quite an emotional episode! But it also got me thinking about who I am most thankful for, and who I would be singing about if it were me up there.  The two people I am the most thankful for besides my children, is my loving husband and my amazing Great-Grandmother. 

My husband and I have been through a lot, and we are on an amazing journey of life together.  If it weren't for him, I'm not sure where I would be.  Lost.  He pushes me to be my best and supports me with whatever I want to do.  We compliment each other like peas and carrots....those go together right?  Or like meat and potatoes....you get the point.  Took a while, but the love of my life finally came into my life and here we are! 

My Great-Grandma, Nanny is what I called her, was so amazing.  She was the wonderful woman that influences me to be who I am.  Everyone loved her, and she had friends everywhere because of her kind and passionate personality.  I know that if she were alive today, she would be so proud.  She would love the additions I have brought into this family and would definitely be a big part of all our children's upbringing as she was in mine.  My children will never know directly what a wonderful person she was, but they will know.  As they get older, they will know the stories and see the pictures.  Deceased or alive, she will still have an impact on the lives of me and my family.

Who are you thankful for the most in your life?

No comments:

Post a Comment