Thursday, March 22, 2012

Lice.
Just the thought of the little pests crawling around in my kids' hair
is enough to make me cringe. Thankfully my kids have not had it, but
I'm still constantly checking their hair, especially my daughter's
long hair, as I am fixing it every morning. There has not even been
an infestation at our kids school, which is great, but I have heard
the horror stories!
My friend's daughter had an infestation in her long, thick hair. It
spread from that little girl's hair to her bother's, her mother's, and
every one that can in contact with her. Treatment after treatment,
and those nasty pests wouldn't go away! Months went by before they FINALLY got rid of the lice. I was scared to let my daughter go over there and play, even though it was really no one's fault.
I have been trying to keep my daughter's hair in a braid or ponytail,
to avoid potential urge to borrow someone's brush...not that brushing her hair is her favorite thing, at least not yet.
Have you ever had a lice infestation? If you have, what is the best way to get rid of them and keep them away?

No comments:

Post a Comment